.The Truth About Lie Detectors

.

The Truth About Lie Detectors Why is the UK government keen to introduce polygraphic tests for sex offenders, when they’re about as reliable as reading tea leaves? Nathalie Rothschild

‘I have been following the use of polygraphic testing for post-release sex offenders in the US for more than four years. And I’ve yet to find any evidence that there is a scientific basis for such tests.’

(Also see my piece Are You a Deviant? about the notorious Abel Test.)

.

2 Comments:

At 03 February, 2007 10:38, Blogger Techpriest said...

Angry Harry,

Thanks for pointing this out. The "Are you a deviant?" article by you is also nice.

BTW, I wanted to stop by and say thanks for your continuing work for the Men's Movement, it's quite inspiring for young MRAs like me.

 
At 09 February, 2007 03:23, Blogger Mercurior said...

but dont sociopaths/psychopaths routinely fail these lie detector tests. it doesnt work for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home